When the opportunity arises to be able to remodel your kitchen it can be one of the most exciting times to determine what your dream kitchen should have in it and how to make it into a reality. With Kirkplan Kitchens your will be able to translate your dreams into a reality. Before it is time for the actual remodel you should have a clear idea of what style of kitchen you would like. Before the remodel begins and before you meet with the remodel team browse through kitchen ideas and walk through different kitchen models in hardware stores to get an idea of what you would like for your kitchen. Bring pictures to your remodel consultation to help give a clear idea of what expectations you have also the end result will be something that you will love for years to come. There are certain elements to a kitchen that you need to have an idea of before beginning here is a helpful check list to determining your dream kitchen.
- What is the Budget- A budget can mean the difference between what types of countertops and flooring you have to what types of appliances are possible. The remodeling company will be able to give you an example of how much of a budget you will need. After an approximate budget is determined go and determine the financing for it. Once a budget is determined you need to be sure to keep to the budget, this will reduce stress from happening and keep the remodel focused.
- Floor plan. Do you want to have an island in the kitchen or have a countertop stool area? An area to eat in the kitchen? After you know how much space you have the rest of the decisions will come easier.
- Cabinets- How many cabinets, the type of cabinets and what color. If you determine what type of cabinets you want the rest of the decisions can come easier. The cabinets will take up the bulk of the kitchen. Decide whether you would like to have darker cabinets or lighter, is your dream kitchen filled with white cabinets, darker mahogany or oak? After you narrow down the color and material determine how many. Do you want some of the cabinets open design with glass, or all with wood coverings?
- Countertops- Once you know what your cabinets are going to look like next you need to determine what the countertop should look like. The options are endless, it comes down to what colors will be compliment the cabinets and your style. The quality of countertop will be determined by the budget. Along with the countertop remember the backsplash.
- Flooring- Will the flooring is solely in the kitchen or will it extend into the dining area? The flooring options can be limited by the budget too. Decide if you would like wood, laminate, linoleum or tile in your kitchen. After you determine the material find a complimentary color to have.
- Appliances. Are you going to be getting new appliances or keeping some of your present ones? You need to plan on the typical appliances like the refrigerator, stove, microwave and dishwasher. But determine if you would also like to include tings like a trash compactor, or a wine cooler. Do you want to have all white appliances, stainless steel or black? Determine the budget for appliances and keep to it.